Thanks to our sponsors
The City Islanders Academy (CIA) mission is to promote more soccer training with less tournament/game play. CIA’s goal is to provide quality training to Central Pennsylvania’s youth soccer players utilizing the City Islanders Professional Team staff, area Club and College coaches, and the many avenues provided for college recruitment and the organization’s connection to Pro Soccer opportunities.
CIA will work as a club-neutral organization with our training curriculum complimenting area Club and/or school teams. Our players will experience high-level technical, tactical, physical, and mental soccer training. An extensive evaluation process will be available to all players.
CIA commits to its players and families and will continue to grow as an organization through enhancing soccer opportunities and facilities in Central Pennsylvania. Our players will progress in their soccer development with the knowledge needed to step onto any team and understand the philosophies of the game and the fundamentals of each position and team formation. Our players will progress in their personal development with the knowledge needed to succeed in all walks of life through dedication, commitment, and the drive for excellence.
Founded in 1986, United Soccer Leagues has become the largest organization of elite-level soccer leagues in North America by building on the vision, commitment, and passion of players, fans and investors. Now in its third decade of operation, USL continues to be a driving force in the growth of soccer in the United States, Canada and Caribbean. USL provides a clearly defined path for the progression of male and female soccer players beginning at the youth level (USL Super Y-League/USL Super-20 League), continuing up through the amateur level (USL Premier Development League/USL W-League) and on up to the professional level (USL PRO). A platform for countless players to reach for their dreams each year, USL is devoted to developing the sport at the grassroots level in every community across the region.
City Islanders Academy Adult Teams U20 and U23 Mens and Womens
Our U20 and U23 Mens and Womens teams will participate in the US Club National Adult League (NAL) Northeast Division. The Northeast Division is then divided into regional divisions for easy travel for teams. Teams will play an eight-game schedule beginning in May and ending in July. Post season involves a single conference championship match. NAL’s mission is to prepare players for their college season by offering high level competition. NAL offers a manageable local geographic schedule with no national play-off commitments.
City Islanders Academy Tournament Teams
The City Islanders Academy began in 2004. The Academy provides area youth soccer players the opportunity to play high-level soccer with players throughout Central Pennsylvania. Players experience a training camp staffed with Academy coaches and City Islanders Pro Players. Teams compete in up to three tournaments, including our own Capitol Cup here in Harrisburg, PA.
What the Academy has to offer your player:
- Curriculum to advance players throughout their soccer careers, from youth, to high school, to college, to pros (Islanders/Union/Independence).
- Teach players multiple soccer techniques, tactics, and formations to be able to fit into any style of play.
- Top level training on/off field: professional coaches; weight training/speed and agility sessions in quality facilities that include gyms, pools, and classrooms.
- Player evaluations two times a year to track development (fit test/coaches evaluations)
- Each team trains twice per week and will participate in three competitive summer tournaments
- Each team will be offered a speed and agility session once per week
- Friendlies against other Academies, i.e., Philadelphia Union, FC Delco, Baltimore Bays affiliated with Pro teams
- Opportunities for individual team sponsors
- Potential bus trips to affiliate pro team games, Union and Independence
- A Pro Team Game Pass to all City Islanders Pro Team home games.
- Academy Tryouts, November
- Meet-n-Greet (meet your coach and team), February
- Day Camp Kick-Off, May (Sunday before Memorial Day)
- Practices and tournaments run end of May through July
- Pro Team Academy Events at Pro Team Games May through August (team nights, player escorts, picnics, end of summer send-off)
Through a wide range of instructional programs, the City Islanders Academy is dedicated to improving youth soccer in Central Pennsylvania.
We offer developmental programs for individual players ages U6 through U14. Our programs run either 6 weeks or 12 weeks — with offerings in the fall, winter, and spring. For information, return to homepage, select the CI Academy Tab, then select Indoor Training.
Our training locations include In The Net, Sports City, and Twin Ponds West. For facility addresses, return to homepage, select the CI Academy Tab, then select Facility and Field Locations.
Our Indoor Training Program includes top level instruction by Professional City Islanders Players or Academy Coaches and all participants receive a free t-shirt and City Islanders Pro Game Ticket.
We also offer team training for Club teams — providing a professional trainer who will tailor a program to meet your team’s needs. Contact Dave Kern, Academy Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Our camps help players improve their skills within a competitive environment. We have designed programs to ensure players of all abilities are challenged, focused, and having fun!
Our camps includes top level instruction by Professional City Islanders Players or Academy Coaches and all participants receive a free t-shirt and City Islanders Pro Game Ticket.
Our camps are run throughout Central Pennsylvania. For information, return to homepage, select the CI Academy Tab, then select Summer Camps. For field addresses, select Facility and Field Locations.
If you’re involved with soccer in Central Pennsylvania, we hope you’ll soon either be playing for the City Islanders Academy or learning from the City Islanders Academy. We are dedicated to youth soccer in Central PA.
Do you have questions?
Contact Dave Kern, Academy Director at email@example.com
Kim St.Clair, Academy Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org