Thanks to our sponsors
The City Islanders Academy (CIA) mission is to provide quality training to Central Pennsylvania’s youth soccer players utilizing the City Islanders Professional Team staff, area Club and College coaches, and the many avenues provided for college recruitment and the organization’s connection to Pro Soccer opportunities.
CIA will work as a club-neutral organization with our training curriculum complimenting area Club and/or school teams. Our players will experience high-level technical, tactical, physical, and mental soccer training. An extensive evaluation process will be available to all players.
CIA commits to its players and families and will continue to grow as an organization through enhancing soccer opportunities and facilities in Central Pennsylvania. Our players will progress in their soccer development with the knowledge needed to step onto any team and understand the philosophies of the game and the fundamentals of each position and team formation. Our players will progress in their personal development with the knowledge needed to succeed in all walks of life through dedication, commitment, and the drive for excellence.
Founded in 1986, United Soccer Leagues has become the largest organization of elite-level soccer leagues in North America by building on the vision, commitment, and passion of players, fans and investors. Now in its third decade of operation, USL continues to be a driving force in the growth of soccer in the United States, Canada and Caribbean. USL provides a clearly defined path for the progression of male and female soccer players beginning at the youth level (USL Super Y-League/USL Super-20 League), continuing up through the amateur level (USL Premier Development League/USL W-League) and on up to the professional level (USL PRO). A platform for countless players to reach for their dreams each year, USL is devoted to developing the sport at the grassroots level in every community across the region.
City Islanders Academy Adult Teams U20 and U23 Mens and Womens
Our U20 and U23 Mens and Womens teams will train from mid-May till the end of July and participate in high level friendlies over the summer versus USL PDL/Reserves, NPSL teams, and opportunities for the Mens players to train with the Isles First Team, and the Womens opportunities to train with our partner, the Lancaster Inferno.
City Islanders Academy Tournament Teams
The City Islanders Academy began in 2004. The Academy provides area youth soccer players the opportunity to play high-level soccer with players throughout Central Pennsylvania. Players experience a training camp staffed with Academy coaches and City Islanders Pro Players. Teams compete in up to three tournaments. Tournaments will vary from year to year.
What the Academy has to offer your player:
- Curriculum to advance players throughout their soccer careers, from youth, to high school, to college, to pros (Islanders/Union/Independence).
- Teach players multiple soccer techniques, tactics, and formations to be able to fit into any style of play.
- Top level training on/off field: professional coaches; weight training/speed and agility sessions in quality facilities that include gyms, pools, and classrooms.
- Player evaluations after the summer season ends
- Each team trains twice per week and will participate in three competitive summer tournaments
- Each team will be offered speed and agility sessions throughout the summer
- Friendlies against other Academies and clubs will take place in the summer as well(each friendly is determined by each team)
- Opportunities for individual team sponsors
- Season ticket to all City Islanders Pro Team home games, and discounted rates for adults and siblings.
- Academy Tryouts, November
- Meet-n-Greet (meet your coach and team), February
- Day Camp Kick-Off, May (typically middle of of May)
- Practices and tournaments run end of May through July
- Pro Team Academy Events at Pro Team Games May through August (team nights, player escorts, picnics, end of summer send-off)
City Islanders Academy Super Y-League Teams
City Islanders Academy offers youth players — a path to the pros!
Super Y-League Play – U13 through U17 (Boys) and U13 through U15 (Girls)
- What is Super Y: The Super Y-League is a youth soccer league associated with the United Soccer League (USL). USL encompasses men’s and women’s professional and amateur teams in the United States, Canada and the Caribbean.
- Why Super Y: It is a pathway for those players interested in taking their game and soccer career to the professional level. The Super Y League is dedicated to the progression of future professional players and has steered the course for development of elite clubs, players and coaches. Because of their affiliations, the Super Y League has opened countless doors for players to be identified for U.S. National Team programs. The Super Y League contains the youth academies of Major League Soccer, United Soccer League and Premier Development League
- Training: Players will train June through mid-August.
- League Games: Players will play in a 10-Game Season beginning in mid-June and concluding mid-August.
- Locations of Games: Players will play in the Mid-Atlantic Region including teams in Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina and Washington DC. Teams include BARCA Elite FC, Calvert Soccer Association, CYA, FASA, FCV, Maryland Rush, Northern Virginia Royals, Pittsburgh Riverhounds, Prince William Courage, Real Maryland FC, Thunder Soccer Club, Triangle FC, Virginia Alliance, Washing FC, and Washington Spirit.
- Championship Game Opportunity: Top team(s) compete in the North American Finals Championship Game.
- Regional Player Pool: Players will be evaluated over the course of the league by their own coach, opposing coach, and Super Y League Regional and National Scouting Staff. Nominations will be tallied and invitations will be distributed throughout the season to players to attend the Regional Scouting Series. At this Series, players will be selected for the Regional Select Team and then considered for the Super Y-League National Pool.
- National Player Pool: Players will have opportunity to earn a spot on the National Player Pool – these players are recognized as the top 10% of the League.
- Training Camp with the Pros and Islanders Coaching Staff: Players will experience a training camp staffed with Academy Coaches and City Islanders players.
- Some Super Y-League Informational Links you may want to check out:
- about Super Y-League: http://www.sylsoccer.com/about
- season: http://www.sylsoccer.com/season-overview
- player overview: http://www.sylsoccer.com/players
- player pathway to the pros: http://www.sylsoccer.com/player-pathway
- regional scouting: http://www.sylsoccer.com/scouting-series
- usl experience: http://www.sylsoccer.com/usl-experience
Through a wide range of instructional programs, the City Islanders Academy is dedicated to improving youth soccer in Central Pennsylvania.
We offer developmental programs for individual players ages U6 through U14. Our programs run either 6, 8 or 12 weeks — with offerings in the fall, winter, and spring. For information, return to homepage, select the CI Academy Tab, then select Indoor Training.
Our training locations include In The Net, Sports City, Red Rose, Twin Ponds West, and Yellow Breeches Sports Center. For facility addresses, return to homepage, select the CI Academy Tab, then select Facility and Field Locations.
Our Indoor Training Program includes top level instruction by Professional City Islanders Players or Academy Coaches and all participants receive a free t-shirt and City Islanders Pro Game Ticket.
We also offer team training for Club teams — providing a professional trainer who will tailor a program to meet your team’s needs. Contact Dave Kern, Academy Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Our camps help players improve their skills within a competitive environment. We have designed programs to ensure players of all abilities are challenged, focused, and having fun!
Our camps includes top level instruction by Professional City Islanders Players or Academy Coaches and all participants receive a free t-shirt and City Islanders Pro Game Ticket.
Our camps are run throughout Central Pennsylvania. For information, return to homepage, select the CI Academy Tab, then select Summer Camps.
If you’re involved with soccer in Central Pennsylvania, we hope you’ll soon either be playing for the City Islanders Academy or learning from the City Islanders Academy. We are dedicated to youth soccer in Central PA.
Do you have questions?
Contact Dave Kern, Academy Director at email@example.com
Kim St.Clair, Academy Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org