Academy ONLY Indoor Training
Sign your player up for this 8-week training session focusing on the Academy/Premier Level Player. ALL players from our 2014 season are invited to participate in addition to any NEW players joining us after the November tryouts. Groups will be split by age/abilities.
This training is NOT open to the Public, it is offered to Academy players only.
Where: Twin Ponds West
When: Sundays (beginning January 4th, no class February 1st, Super Bowl)
6-7 PM – Ages 6-12
7-8 PM – Ages 13 and above
Each week your player will be challenged by our trainers:
- Small Sided Play and Fit Test with Dave Brixius from Explosive Sports, http://exsp.biz/.
- Additional training through ESP will be available. This week’s focus is small sided play to assess technical/tactical abilities of each player.
- Technical Training — dribbling, passing, receiving, combination play, attacking moves to possess/go forward
- Defending the Proper Way — defending numbers up/down and even, zonal defending, proper tackling and slide tackling
- Possession Training – building out of the back, possessing the middle 1/3, attacking in the final 1/3 (to draw out defenders), game management possession, focus on midfield players
- College Recruitment Seminar (for all parents and for players age 14 and over) – tips to be recruited, do’s and don’ts of the college recruitment process
- Sports Nutrition Seminar for the Player (for all parents and all players)
- Each seminar will run one-half hour. Seminar instructors will be available for questions afterwards. Handouts will be available.
- Going to Goal Training — 1v1s, 2v1s, breakaways, pks, set pieces, volleys, restarts, crosses
- Counter-attacking play — transitional play (attacking to defending/defending to attacking)
- Small sided play and retesting with Dave Brixius from ESP; player evaluations
Each player will receive a 2014 Pro Game Ticket and a player gift