Academy ONLY Indoor Training
Sign your player up for this 8-week training session focusing on the Academy/Premier Level Player. ALL players from our 2017 and 2018 season are invited to participate in addition to any NEW players joining us after the November tryouts. Groups will be split by age/abilities.
This training is NOT open to the Public, it is offered to Academy players only.
Where: Twin Ponds West
When: Sundays for 8 weeks — January 7, 14, 21, 28; February 11, 18, 25; March 4 (no class February 4th, Super Bowl)
5-6 PM – U9s- U12s (Mega Field)
6-7 PM – U13- U14s (Upstairs Turf)
Each week your player will be challenged by our trainers:
- Small Sided Play. This week’s focus is small sided play to assess technical/tactical abilities of each player.
- Technical Training — dribbling, passing, receiving, combination play, attacking moves to possess/go forward
- Defending the Proper Way — defending numbers up/down and even, zonal defending, proper tackling and slide tackling
- Possession Training – building out of the back, possessing the middle 1/3, attacking in the final 1/3 (to draw out defenders), game management possession, focus on midfield players
- Trainer’s Choice — Review of weeks one through four.
- Going to Goal Training — 1v1s, 2v1s, breakaways, pks, set pieces, volleys, restarts, crosses
- Counter-attacking play — transitional play (attacking to defending/defending to attacking)
- Small sided play; player evaluations (1 on 1 talks with players; 2 pt evaluation: what they are doing well and what they can improve on)
Each player will receive a 2018 Pro Game Ticket and a player gift