Sunday, February 26th (Meet-n-Greet Sunday) – our 6-7 PM session at Twin Ponds West will go on as scheduled, our 5-6 PM session is cancelled. We were unable to get times at Twin Ponds West to extend the session. We did, however, get space at Yellow Breeches (700 Shawnee Court in New Cumberland – Coming from Harrisburg, Exit 40A, Limekiln Road off Rt. 83) http://yellowbreechessports.com/. The make-up date is Sunday, March 12th – we will have both age groups in case families for the 6-7 session are also unable to get to TPW this Sunday. (March 5th session, both times will go on as planned.) Times and information for March 12th are:
3-4 PM – U9 through U12
4-5 PM – U13 and above
The training will be held in the Futsal Rink (hockey area). Please bring indoor shoes or regular sneakers (no cleats). Futsal balls will be supplied.
Academy ONLY Indoor Training
Sign your player up for this 8-week training session focusing on the Academy/Premier Level Player. ALL players from our 2016 and 2017 season are invited to participate in addition to any NEW players joining us after the November tryouts. Groups will be split by age/abilities.
This training is NOT open to the Public, it is offered to Academy players only.
Where: Twin Ponds West
When: Sundays for 8 weeks — January 8, 15, 22, 29, February 12, 19, 26, March 5 (no class February 5th, Super Bowl)
5-6 PM – Ages 9-12 (Mega Field)
6-7 PM – Ages 13 and older (Upstairs Turf)
Each week your player will be challenged by our trainers:
- Small Sided Play. This week’s focus is small sided play to assess technical/tactical abilities of each player.
- Technical Training — dribbling, passing, receiving, combination play, attacking moves to possess/go forward
- Defending the Proper Way — defending numbers up/down and even, zonal defending, proper tackling and slide tackling
- Possession Training – building out of the back, possessing the middle 1/3, attacking in the final 1/3 (to draw out defenders), game management possession, focus on midfield players
- Trainer’s Choice — Review of weeks one through four.
- Going to Goal Training — 1v1s, 2v1s, breakaways, pks, set pieces, volleys, restarts, crosses
- Counter-attacking play — transitional play (attacking to defending/defending to attacking)
- Small sided play; player evaluations (1 on 1 talks with players; 2 pt evaluation: what they are doing well and what they can improve on)
Each player will receive a 2017 Pro Game Ticket and a player gift