Look Who’s Training Your Kids This Winter!
- COACHING EXPERIENCE:
- City Islanders Youth Academy Director 2010-present
- Central Dauphin East HS Boys Varsity Head Coach 2011-present
- Central Dauphin East MS Boys Varsity Head Coach 2011-present
- LDC Attack Head Coach 2010-present
- LDC Emerald Head Coach 2010 present
- Head Coach of over 7 Isles Academy Summers Teams since 2010
- City Islanders Pro Team GK/Assistant Coach 2010-2015
- Past Trainer for Camp Hill, Mech SC/MS, CASA, LVC Mens/Womens, CDHS) 2004-2010
- NSCAA Youth Regional and Advanced Regional Diplomas
- Qualifies for USSF “B” license
- PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE: Played professionally from 2004-2010, 2012/2013 (City Islanders, Real Maryland FC, Baltimore Blast, and Harrisburg Heat)
- The club’s all-time leader in nearly every major goalkeeping category, Dave Kern entered his fourth season as goalkeeper coach for the City Islanders. During his first year (2011), the club’s primary keeper, Chase Harrison, posted a record of 8-6-6 with five shutouts and a 1.3 GAA. Harrison helped lead the team the National Division Championship and USL PRO final appearance, before earning a 2012 contract with the Philadelphia Union. Phil Tuttle also saw some success under Kern, posting a 2-1-1 record as a rookie. The last 2 years under Kern, starter Nick Noble has been nominated for GK of the Year twice and was All-League in 2013. Kern also helped mentor the club’s back ups during that span working with, Brian Holt, David Flynn, and Brian Sylvestre. Holt recently signed a contract for the 2014 season with the Philadelphia Union.
- The native of Glenolden, PA, ranks first among keepers in team history with 38 games played, 3,390 minutes, 22 wins, and 390 saves, and is second with nine shutouts. He went undefeated in 2005, going 10-0-1 with a 0.98 goals against average as the team had its best regular season ever (12-3-5). He started and won the first game in team history on April 17 in Northern Virginia. On top of his time with Harrisburg and winning a championship in 2007, Kern was also a part of two championship teams with the Baltimore Blast of the MISL in 2008 and 2009. Kern finished with six years in the pros before taking over the goalkeeper coach responsibilities in 2011.
- COLLEGE EXPERIENCE: Kern enjoyed a fine career at College Misericordia before graduating in 2002, snagging All-PAC honors in 2000 (First Team), 2001 (Second Team), and 2002 (First Team). In 2000, he posted a 0.75 goals against average, helping Misericordia to the school’s first-ever NCAA Tournament appearance. He was the team’s MVP in 2001 and 2002, and in the fall of 2013 was voted into the College’s Athletics Hall of Fame. Kern earned a Bachelors Degree in Interdisciplinary Studies with Minor in Addictions Counseling (2004).
- PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE: 2015 (City Islanders) – Last season, Noble notched 28 appearances and nine shutouts, helping him surpass his 100th career appearance with the Islanders; 2014 (City Islanders) – Nick made 26 appearances and tallied 2486 minutes on the pitch. In 2014, Noble helped lead his 8 seed squad to the USL Championship match against Sacramento; 2013 (City Islanders) – Noble’s successful season moved him into the lead spot for multiple City Islanders all-time records, including wins by a goalkeeper, career saves, matches played by a goalkeeper, minutes played by a goalkeeper, and career shutouts.
Prior to joining the Islanders in 2012, Noble spent a portion of his career competing in the MLS and in Europe. Noble was a first-round draft pick by the Chicago Fire in the 2007 MLS Supplemental Draft, and debuted for the Fire during the 2008 US Open Cup. After spending time with both the Chicago Fire and Austin Aztec for his first three professional seasons, Noble joined Ljungskile SK in Sweden for the 2010 and 2011 seasons. During his two years in Sweden, Noble made 59 appearances for Ljungskile, before he returned to the US and signing a contract with the LA Galaxy at the end of 2011.
- YOUTH EXPERIENCE: Noble is a graduate of West Virginia University, where he was a four-year standout net-minder, and was named the Big East Goalkeeper of the Year in 2006.
- City Islanders Academy Coach 2012-current
- GK Academy Coach
- Summer Team Trainer *Camp Staff
- Indoor School/Clinics Staff
- LDC Head Coach Girls u13 2016-current
- LDC GK Trainer 2012-current
- Assistant SAF U12 coach
- Dillsburg Area Soccer Club U12 boys Head Coach
- Dillsburg Area Soccer Club Rec Program Coordinator
- Harrisburg City Islanders Boys U10 assistant coach
- MGSA U6-U8 Rec Coach Camps for various clubs: Harrisburg City Islanders, Fusion FC (PA), MGSA, Mount de Sales Academy (MS), Dillsburg Area Soccer Club
- City Islanders Academy Coach 2016-current – Summer Team Trainer, Camp Staff, Clinic Staff
- Playing Experience: Wilson began his career with Portmore United FC, representing the U15 team. He then went on to represent the club at the U17, U20, and U21 levels as well as the senior team. He assisted in winning of multiple championships for the club.
- The graduate of Glenmuir High School represented Jamaica on the U17, U20, and U23 squads, where he claimed the ‘Most Outstanding Player’ award on the Jamaica team for the 2015 CAC Games in Mexico. He was also selected to participate at the Sunderland Academy in the United Kingdom.
- Current assistant coach at Millersville University 2016-current
- Assistant coach at Dickinson College 2015-2016
- Volunteer assistant at Lipscome Univ
- Assistant Coach at Central Dauphin High School 2014
- City Islanders Academy Staff 2012-current — Head Coach u11 Girls, Summer Camp Staff , Indoor/Clinic Schools Staff
- PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE: 2015 (City Islanders): Last season, Pettis dished-out one assist and scored 2 goals in 24 appearances; 2014 (City Islanders): In 2014, he appeared in 23 matches for the Islanders, tallying 671 minutes on the pitch while netting three goals and dishing-out two assists; 2012 (City Islanders): Pettis appeared in 22 matches in his rookie campaign with the Islanders, scoring three goals and notching one assist before suffering a season-ending injury that would not allow him to return to the pitch until 2014.
- YOUTH EXPERIENCE: Prior to joining the Islanders, Pettis had a standout collegiate career at Lipscomb University in Nashville, Tennessee. He boasts the all-time goals record at Lipscomb, with 34 career goals. He was named all-conference three-times, and earned the Atlantic Sun Freshman of the Year award. Pettis is a graduate of Lower Dauphin High School, and was a member of the City Islanders Youth Academy.