The Merchandising Intern is a part of the daily operation of Penn FC’s retail arm, being a part of the team store on match day, management of inventory and fulfilment of e-commerce orders, as well as playing role in the design. This position involves a high degree of customer service, experience in the retail space and an excellent work ethic.
Operations Director and Ticket Sales & Marketing Director
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages vendor relationship to facilitate the best product options to ensure timely and efficient inventory acquisition
- Manage online sales, inventory, product placement and e-commerce site functionality
- Assist in daily financial reporting and inventory for all retail pieces
- Receive and verify all merchandise shipments
- Fill all e-commerce orders and in office purchases
- Execute store operations on game day
- Work all Penn FC home games and additional events as needed
NONESSENTIAL/SUPPORTIVE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- General upkeep of displays and fixtures
- Maintaining storage of inventory; clean, organized and functional
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Operations and Ticket Sales & Marketing
SUCCESS FACTORS/JOB COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge of generally accepted standards of customer service and problem resolution
- Must possess a strong work ethic as well as a dedicated and positive attitude
- Professional demeanour and appearance
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented with outstanding time/task management skills
- Exceptional organizational and administrative skills
- Ability to plan, prioritize and execute several assignments simultaneously
- Ability to work collaboratively with strong interpersonal skills; pleasant and professional at all times with co-workers as well as patrons
- Excited about providing exceptional customer service
- Interest in building Penn FC as the premier sports brand in Central Pennsylvania
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays
- A Junior or Senior in college working towards the completion of a degree in sports management, business management, Marketing, or similar degree
- Experience in a retail environment either selling or servicing patrons, creating displays, merchandise receiving, and resolving customer concerns
- Experience working with large volume purchases from order to point of sales
- Experience opening and closing a store, including end-of-day financial reporting
- High level of proficiency with computers; knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- How did you hear about this job?
- What is your experience in retail operations?
- What does great customer service look like? Describe a time you made a moment for someone.